Working Moms Social Network | MyWorkButterfly

I have been working from home for several months and I have two company provided websites. But I need some information on how to get people to them. I cannot afford to buy leads and that method seems to pushy to me. I would appreciate any advice offered.

Views: 298

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I am utilizing Constant Contact as a way to send newletters to my mailing list, encouraging people to share the info. CC is low cost, but I have to do a lot of professional networking in order to get the names for it.
Caitlin,

Thanks so much for the advice and helpful tips. I so appreciate it. I know that I would like to utilize all my "free" networking before I have to start paying money (albeit not too much) for advertising.

GOOD LUCK with your pregnancy! How exciting! I hope you are feeling well and I look forward to serving your baby needs when the time comes. Thanks for your nice comments! I so appreciate it. If there are ever any types of products you would like to see on the site, let me know, I plan to add as often as I can. I am so new, so I encourage my customers to give me feedback whenever possible. It is very helpful to me!

We'll be in touch! Thanks again for connecting with me!

Rebecca

Caitlin Rutkay said:
I am utilizing Constant Contact as a way to send newletters to my mailing list, encouraging people to share the info. CC is low cost, but I have to do a lot of professional networking in order to get the names for it.
I am a sales rep for a local (Long Island) company that does SEM (Search Engine Marketing) for businesses. It's one of the best ways to drive traffic to your website. Basically, you are targeting people searching on Google and Yahoo for relevant keywords and sending them to your site.
Minimum account is $300/month and 4 month terms. See more info at: http://www.drivenlocal.com
email me if you want to chat or have more info: miraspark@gmail.com
I wrote an article about all the places to get traffic and build backlinks just a couple weeks ago! You can find it here. In short, Twitter and Facebook like others have said. Blogs are GREAT. Places like this are great as well, where you can leave a link here and there and have it come up in searches. Directories are great too and there are many that are free. Good luck and keep at it!

Susan Fischer
Bizzy Mama WAHM Web Hosting
Hi Everyone!

I am not sure this is where I should be posting, but I wanted to thank everyone for all their helpful advice about how to better promote my new business. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! and may we all be a support for each other. Good luck everyone in all your endeavors as well.

Rebecca B.
www.startingoutsmall.com

Rebecca Barkai said:
Hi,

I just launched my first website, www.startingoutsmall.com. I sell unique and practical baby gifts and accessories. At my husband's suggestion, I started a blog back in early August and I feel that has helped me tremendously by getting a lot of hits daily and he also connected me to my facebook account. So, to date, I have over 800 hits since August 6th, not bad for less than 4 months. I launched my site yesterday and because of my blog which goes to my facebook and also a twitter account, I had over 100 hits today alone. So, start blogging about your businesses, what are they by the way? Also, you can try joining different networking sites, linkedin, yahoo groups, etc. GOOD LUCK! Stay in touch!

Rebecca
Hey Rebecca,
You are doing the right thing right now, posting your situation and getting feedback. When You first contacted me on My Work Butterfly, the first thing I did was go to your site to see what you did. This type of social interaction I think is the way of the future as far as networking and marketing goes. I get far more traffic and information from Twitter, Facebook, Twittermoms, My Work Butterfly and other social sites than any other form of networking/marketing. There are others such as Mompreneur Cafe, Cafe Moms, etc...Take a look around and start chatting. You'll see results soon. Good Luck!!
Darline
www.mamasonbedrest.com
Thanks so much, Darline,

I really am trying...it is just tough with a busy household, three kids, etc. but I have joined many different social networking site (including www.cafemom.com and twitter, facebook, etc.) they are helpful I find at getting traffic to my site...and now, I am even contemplating going back to teach in the fall (an opportunity arose and I may take it, not sure yet; need to figure it out and see the salary, etc.)...LIFE IS NEVER DULL, right?

How is your site going? Good luck! Let's keep in touch! I appreciate your support and caring.

Rebecca

Darline Turner-lee said:
Hey Rebecca,
You are doing the right thing right now, posting your situation and getting feedback. When You first contacted me on My Work Butterfly, the first thing I did was go to your site to see what you did. This type of social interaction I think is the way of the future as far as networking and marketing goes. I get far more traffic and information from Twitter, Facebook, Twittermoms, My Work Butterfly and other social sites than any other form of networking/marketing. There are others such as Mompreneur Cafe, Cafe Moms, etc...Take a look around and start chatting. You'll see results soon. Good Luck!!
Darline
www.mamasonbedrest.com

RSS

Follow Me on Pinterest

Members

Hiring & Business Opportunities!

Sponsors

Quick Poll & Survey

© 2017   Created by MyWorkButterfly.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service