A gas stove or a gas heater is an appliance that is used as a heating device for your home. Gas stoves are usually fuelled by natural gas (a natural mixture of hydrocarbon gases such as methane and various other alkanes along with a small percentage of nitrogen and carbon dioxide), liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), propane, butane, or other inflammable gases. There are various types of gas stoves available in the market such as portable, free standing, and fixed gas stoves. You can find various designs of gas stoves from the gas stove suppliers round the world.
On the other hand, an electric stove depends entirely on electrical energy to keep your house warm. With the advancement of technology, electric stoves are gradually gaining popularity among people. But still, traditional gas stoves provide some nonpareil benefits compared to electric stoves. In fact, in 2008, natural gas stoves were considered as the most popular heating appliance because more than 70% of the customers chose them. Here, some of the key advantages that gas stoves provide, are discussed in detail –
1. Uninterrupted supply of heat: Gas stoves are capable of heating your room during winter as long as it has gas. That means, once you refill your gas stove, you will enjoy an uninterrupted supply of heat. As it neither depends on electricity nor it is affected by any sort of weather, your room will be kept warm irrespective of power cuts and bad stormy weather.
2. Instantaneous heat: Gas stoves are capable of providing heat the moment you lit up the igniter. They don’t require any warm up time like the electric stoves do. As a result, your home will start getting warm the moment you flip the switch. Also, like the wooden fireplaces you do not need to fix the log every time the fire is dying.
3. Relatively cleaner burning: Unlike wood or coal stoves, the burning of natural gas does not produce any sort of ashes or other residual elements. Hence, you would be saved from the trouble of cleaning your stove on a regular basis.
4. Eco-friendliness: Unlike coal or wood, natural gas is a non-conventional source of energy and is quite abundant in our environment. Therefore, using natural gas as a fuelling material does not harm the environment. Furthermore, the burning of natural gas does not emit any toxic gases like carbon monoxide or nitrogen dioxide which are the two main air pollutants. The emission of carbon products is also significantly low in case of gas stoves (approximately 70% of coal stoves). It is only capable of emitting some innocuous carbon byproducts.
5. Energy efficient: It does not require electricity to function properly. Hence, it saves a lot of energy in the form of electricity whereas electric stoves solely depend on electricity and consumes a lot of electrical energy.
6. Low operational cost: It might seem a little confusing as the initial cost of gas stoves is greater than that of electric stoves. But in the long run, consumption of natural gas is way less expensive than the consumption of electricity. So in the end, buying a gas stove would cost you much less than purchasing an electric stove.
7. Flexibility: You can compartmentalize your home into separate heating zones by using a gas stove. You can also enjoy a central heating facility with this type of stoves. On the other hand, you have to install separate electric stoves in your rooms to keep them warm at once. Also, changing the temperature in gas stoves is an easy and effortless process.
8. Durability: Natural gas stoves are the most durable stoves among the other kinds.
These are the main reasons why you should choose the option of installing a gas stove in lieu of an electric stove.