Business took me to California earlier this week where I found myself mixing with remarkably talented, accomplished women in their 40’s and 50’s. All financially independent, in high-powered jobs and most, if not all, SINGLE. The divorced single mom and the recent, never been married NYC transplant, both pondered the same question, “Why am I Still Single?”
Fortunately for them, and for those of you in the same position, Siggy Flicker, star of VH1’s, Why am I Still Single?!, was there to offer life lessons and insight. Siggy is a Matchmaker and relationship expert who speaks from life experiences - she is a divorced, now engaged, adoring mother of two. Siggy offers the following tips:
- Don’t go out with all of your female single friends on the same evening. You will only be creating more competition for yourself. A man may feel uncomfortable approaching you in a large group setting as well.
- Date twice a week- eight times a month. If you don’t put yourself out there how can you expect to meet a man?
- Date age appropriate men. Men and women don’t mature at the same rate so stay away from the Demi Moore – Ashton Kutcher thing. Ashton clearly needed more time to “play.”
- Don’t size up a man in a few minutes. Everyone is a person of value and if the one sitting across from you may not be your type- consider it networking. Perhaps you have a friend for him or vice versa.
- Increase your odds by traveling 30 minutes outside your comfort zone to experience new settings and new people.
- Don’t bring up sex, your ex or anything too personal on the first date. Simply TMI (too much info).
- Smile, compliment others, take your head out of your phone and make eye contact.
- Consider the notion that perhaps you’ve done all of the above and that it “just hasn’t happened yet!” You may in fact be doing nothing wrong whereas it becomes just a matter of time.
Give yourself an early holiday present by committing to Siggy’s, “Dating Done Right” tips! But, don’t forget to love your self first!
Co-Founder and Mother
Follow us on Twitter @Butterflymoms
Fan us on Facebook (Nicole Richie is a Fan!)
To sponsor an upcoming Weekly Wings email email@example.com